MOSTERT SUFFERS A ROUGH WEEKEND IN WINTON
Chaz Mostert has had an extremely tough weekend at the Winton SuperSprint for Round 5 of the Virgin Australia Supercars Championship.
- Chaz qualified 2nd for Race 9.
- Chaz finished 8th in Race 10.
- Chaz remains 5th in the Championship Standings.
After Qualifying 2nd with a time of 1m19.54s, Mostert had a great start to the Race, maintaining his position in the tough opening laps.
While running second, a mechanical issue that was later diagnosed as a transaxle problem, saw Mostert’s day end.
Mostert was pleased with the car despite the failure, but was disappointed with the loss of points in such a tight Championship Race.
Mostert had a tough start to the final day at Winton Motor Raceway after Qualifying 17th in a disappointing session.
During the Race the Prodrive Racing Team’s alternate strategy involved an extended final stint for Mostert where he pushed his tyres on a stint of over 30 laps.
Mostert was able to gain some positions through fuel strategy and finished P8.
“TOUGH WEEKEND. AFTER A DNF ON SATURDAY, ON SUNDAY QUALIFYING DIDN’T GO THE WAY WE WANTED SO IN THE RACE WE JUST DROVE AROUND RACING PEOPLE AND CARS KEPT RACING US OUT OF THE PITS BUT WE ENDED UP SNAGGING A TOP 10. IT WASN’T A BAD DAY CONSIDERING WHERE WE STARTED BUT WE PROBABLY SHOULDN’T HAVE STARTED FROM BACK IN THE FIRST PLACE, BUT I’M STILL HAPPY TO BE IN THE TOP 5 IN THE OVERALL STANDINGS. I’M LOOKING FORWARD TO HEADING TO DARWIN, IRONING OUT SOME CREASES AND CONTINUING TO PRESS FORWARD.”
SUPERCARS CHAMPIONSHIP LEADERBOARD
- 1 – Fabian Coulthard – DJR Team Penske: 1060 points
- 2 – Jamie Whincup – Triple Eight: 1056 points
- 3 – Scott McLaughlin – DJR Team Penske: 1032 points
- 4 – Shane Van Gisbergen – Triple Eight: 1023 points
- 5 – Chaz Mostert – Supercheap Auto Racing: 861 points